Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Two Out of Three!



This weekend the Red Sox came into The Ballpark in Arlington and swung their mighty bats. Friday night was lots of fun as we sat right behind the Red Sox (visitors) dugout - halfway between home and third base. It could have been Fenway (with better sight lines!) for all the Red Sox fans. There were loud cheers of Yoooook, MVP for Pedroia and chants of "Papi". Friday night was a win for the Bosox. Saturday night didn't start off very well. Wakefield's knuckleball deserted him in the 2nd inning. The Rangers scored 7 runs before Francona pulled Wake. Unfortunately the bullpen didn't fare much better and it ended up being a 15-8 slugfest with the Rangers winning. Still it's fun to go out and cheer for my team. We didn't go to the Sunday afternoon game, but it was an easy win for the Sox. Big Papi hit a home run, which I was hoping to see in person, but I was cheering loudly from my air conditioned room. :)

2 comments:

Barb D said...

And, of course you know that the Sox trail Tampa Bay by only 1/2 game!! Those Sox could do it yet!! Glad to find another "Fan" from Texas. I lived in Galveston from 1982-2002 and the only time I could watch the Red Sox was if they televised the Ranger's games or they came to Houston for an exhibition game! I now live in my home State of Maine and we have NESN!! It doesn't get any better than that!!

Anonymous said...

joe never posts
thats my comment