Sunday, April 20, 2008

Round Robin Border - suggestions welcome

Saturday was my Dear Jane meeting, but instead of working on my Dear Jane blocks started the border for my Round Robin block. The block received was very creative and lovely. It was a bit of a dilemma as to what would work best as the final border. My first thought was to finish the geese paths in some fashion. However I don't really have that level of ability to do a good job. I decided to try and frame it like a picture. I added a purple matte with a yellow/orange border. The cornerstones in the border use the solid turquoise fabric that was sent along with the block. If I can't continue working on this because of my upcoming eye surgery, I could send it as is. I would however like to do something - flowers maybe? - to break up the yellow a little bit. Any suggestions from the quilting bloggy world?

No comments: