Monday, March 17, 2008

A Quilty Weekend

This Saturday, which was National Quilt Day, was an excellent day to visit my guild's annual Quilt Show. There were a lot of great quilts this year - a nice mixture of traditional and original design. The Best of Show quilt was truly gorgeous. It was a Lone Star with extensive floral appliqué in the borders and squares between the star points. It was made for the Nebraska Quilt Guild as a raffle quilt. It generate the most money ever for a raffle quilt. The lucky winner allows the 2 ladies that made the quilt to show it around the country. It has won numerous awards.(I wish I could put a photo up, but that's considered a no-no without the proper permissions.) I said i wasn't going to visit the vendors as I really don't NEED anymore fabric. However I found out that it was the last show for two of my favorite jewelry makers. I had to visit with them, stock up and sadly say good bye. One gal makes lovely hand painted ceramic earrings and pins. I have several flamingo pieces which I love. There other is a family that makes jewelry from broken china. As I strolled pasted the fabric store vendors I was lured in by there enticing displays. I did pretty well and limited the damage to a few purse patterns and some great charm square collections. I did get lucky and found some fat quarters to use in the border for my Spring Fling Round Robin center square. photos to follow on that when the border is complete.

Sunday was a "Judy Day". I finished the corner units and another Lone Star row. As promised a photo of the green version. I'm having a bit of trouble getting the green in photo to come out true. The orange version is down a ways in the blog.

No comments: