Monday, June 29, 2009

A Judy Workshop!

Friday, Saturday and Sunday was a workshop with Judy Niemeyer at Quilt Country in Lewisville. I really look forward to these workshops. I had hoped for a wedding ring class, but not this time. It worked out for best as Judy has redesigned her Wedding Star and will be teaching a workshop in January. Sandy, the owner of Quilt Country, and her wonderful Supergirls created quilt kits for the class. The kit includes 2.5 strips in 88 bali fabrics that Judy picked out. The are absolutely gorgeous.

In this class I worked on the Sand Devils pattern, which has lots of curved edges. Not to worry however, with Judy's tips for sewing curves it's a piece of cake. Her technique works very well. I had used it in my Hawaiian Star quilt. I had bought this pattern in my last workshop. It will a gift for my brother. I've made good progress in my 3 days.


Corner piece

Border and small arcs



Most of the class were working on star pattens. The brave ones were working on the amazing Amazon Star. It's so large and has many Lone Star pieces. I'm not sure I want to try a Lone Star again.

These workshops are an opportunity to make new friends. I remember some of the ladies from the previous workshop. The quilters directly across and next to me were great company. Time just flew as we chatted and sewed on our lovely quilts. We each were working on different pattens. One was working on a new pattern not yet published, there was a soothing purple and green Dragon Star and a lovely Christmas tree skirt. I look forward to seeing them again in the Wedding Star workshop.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

These colors are wonderful! Hope I get to see the completed quilt.