Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Good Weekend

I have been working diligently on my Four Seasons Swap quilt. I have finished the top and it is currently a quilt sandwich. I really like the way it came together (picture to follow once swap partner receives her quilt). There are several color combinations of nine patches. The first set I created just didn't play well with the other sets. I made 3 or 4 samples of the first set until I came across just the right light material. I want my partner to really enjoy the quilt so it was worth the extra effort. I will start on the quilting when I return home from my vacation.

Tomorrow I leave to meet up with my brother (DB) and nephew (DN) in Orlando. We will be visiting Universal, Sea World, and Busch Gardens. I am looking forward to a good visit with DB & DN. Hopefully there will be some time spent by the pool catching up on reading. I have been reading the Benni Harper mystery series. The books titles are quilt blocks (Sunshine and Shadow, Steps to the Altar, etc..) I have enjoyed seeing the author develop the characters into interesting people. Funny thing - I can't decide if I like the main character Benni or not. I'll have to keep reading to decide. :)

No comments: